“Eat your greens” is something our parents have been telling us since childhood. Vegetables are packed with vitamins and minerals that promote overall well-being. But don’t we all struggle to eat our greens happily? Well, Chief Kunal Kapoor is here with a solution. Sharing a recipe from his cookbook, the star chef made good use of vegetables. What does he make? A delicious bowl of Jhalfrezi. According to the chef, Jhalfrezi is a recipe you will find on every menu in India. This dish is versatile and can be made using seasonal vegetables.
Read also : This Butter and Garlic Goli Idli Recipe from Chef Kunal Kapur is Delicious
Read also : How to make lachha paratha masala: chef Kunal Kapur shares the recipe
How to make Veg Jalfrezi – Chef Kunal Kapur’s recipe:
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cumin – 2 teaspoons
Onion (chopped) – half cup
Ginger (chopped) – 1 tbsp
Garlic (chopped) – 1 tbsp
Green chiles (split and seeded) – 3 no
Tomatoes, (chopped) – 1 cup
Tomatoes (fresh puree) – half cup
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – half teaspoon
Kashmiri chili powder – half a tablespoon
Coriander powder – half a tablespoon
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Gobi (florets) – half cup
Green beans (julienne) – half cup
Carrots (julienne) – half cup
Cabbage (sliced) – 1 cup
Green capsicum (julienne) – a quarter cup
Yellow bell pepper (julienne) – a quarter cup
Red capsicum (julienne) – a quarter cup
Cilantro (chopped) – a handful
Paneer (fingers) – 100 g
Green chili peppers (split) – 2 no
Onion (sliced) – a quarter cup
Lemon juice – half a tablespoon
- Heat a cauldron (metal pot) with desi ghee. Add cumin seeds and chopped onions. Jumped up.
- Now add the ginger and garlic. Stir quickly and make sure the onions are not brown. To add the spicy pop flavor in some green chilies.
- Then add the diced tomatoes and the tomato purée. Sprinkle with salt to taste. Add the turmeric, chili pepper, coriander, cumin, and garam masala powder to the mixture. And give it a shuffle.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked and the masala is ready, it’s time to add your favorite vegetables like cauliflower, beans, carrot, cabbage. If you add cauliflower, be sure to add it first and cook it well before adding other vegetables.
- Add a little water, lower the heat and cover the utensil with a lid. Let the vegetables cook.
- Now increase the heat and add the peppers, paneer, chopped cilantro leaves and onions. A dash of lemon. Sprinkle a little salt and stir lightly – pick and drop.
And, your delicious bowl of Jhalfrezi is ready to be enjoyed. Have a nice weekend everyone!