Calling all pasta lovers! Did you know that it is possible to make homemade pasta with just spinach, flour and a food processor? Yes, really – just combine the ingredients to create a paste, cut it into pieces and boil it in hot water. The result will be a very delicious (and very green) dough that you’ll want to make again and again.
This easy pasta recipe was shared by TikTok creator Angelo Coassin (@cookingwithbello) and honestly, it’s pretty damn clever. You don’t need a bulky stand mixer or pasta machine to make this one. If you have mobility issues in your hands – or just don’t like kneading dough – you don’t have to worry about endless hand kneading either. Plus, this is an egg-free recipe, which is great news if you’re vegan or have an egg allergy.
It also doesn’t hurt that it’s a fun way to eat your leafy greens. Read on for my take on Coassin’s Two-Ingredient Food Processor Pasta, plus tips for making it your own.
For even more flavor, add a pinch of garlic powder, salt or dried herbs to the paste. Also, avoid adding too much flour, if possible. This can make pasta dry and tough when cooked. If you cook the pasta in batches, you can toss the cooked pasta with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 7 cups baby spinach
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
Choice of pasta sauce
- Add spinach and 1 cup all-purpose flour to a food processor.
- Mix until the ingredients come together and form a crumbly dough.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface.
- Knead the dough, slowly incorporating the remaining 1/4 cup flour. The dough should be sticky but not sticky.
- Shape the dough into a disk about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut or slice the dough into pieces, the size of a ziti.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Boil the pasta for 5 minutes, or until it floats to the surface, working in batches if necessary.
- Toss or top with your favorite pasta sauce. Enjoy with grated parmesan and fresh basil, if desired.
- Pasta, Main dishes
- 1 serving
- Preparation time
- 15 minutes
- Cooking time
- 5 minutes
- Total time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds
Image source: Kirsten Nunez