Recipes using different techniques always intrigue me. When I saw this decadent dessert recipe from Food Network Jeff Mauro for the pecan brownie pie that only bakes the bottom half and cooks the pecan filling on the stovetop, I had to try it.
You must add this pecan pie recipe to your Thanksgiving menu. Trust me. This pie is easy to make and combines two of our favorite obsessions: brownies and pecan pie. How can you be wrong? (You can not !)
Type of cuisine: American
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Total duration: 1 hour
Servings: Makes 1 pie
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of water
Here’s how to do it:
- Press the pie dough into a pie dish. Flute the edges.
- To make the brownie topping, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth over low heat. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Add the granulated sugar and stir to combine. Add flour, vanilla, salt and eggs. Add the chocolate chips. Spread the filling on the bottom of the pie crust. Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven until filling is firm and crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- To make the pecan filling, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Put aside. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the pecans and toast, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add corn syrup, vanilla, remaining butter, water and brown sugar mixture. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 6 to 8 minutes. Spoon the pecan filling over the pie.
Photo: The Food Network via YouTube
Note: We may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated with or in any way endorses or gives any guarantees on any specific products. However, 30Seconds participates in the Amazon Affiliate Advertising Program and this post contains affiliate links, which means that we may earn a commission or fee if you make a purchase through those links.
Related products on Amazon that we think you might like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by connecting with Amazon.com and affiliate sites.