News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your one week free trial for StreetInsider Premium here.
New addition provides software that combines recipe management with FDA compliance
Hampton, Virginia, Nov. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Registrar Corp (registrarcorp.com), the leading provider of compliance software and services to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is pleased to announce the acquisition of At Calc. A la Calc provides SaaS solutions for recipe and nutrition analysis to over 10,000 industry professionals worldwide.
A la Calc software contains tools designed for food professionals that calculate nutritional content, generate allergen information and estimate the final cost of a recipe.
According to David Lennarz, President of Registrar Corp, “The acquisition of this software provides our current and future customers with an affordable, do-it-yourself way to create US FDA-compliant nutrition facts labels. The simple interface also allows users to switch and create UK and EU compliant nutrition labels. »
Customers can purchase different packages at different prices, depending on their needs. All packages include elements for recipe management, compliant labeling processes, and budgeting strategies.
Registrar Corp has long provided a full service option for creating compliant labels. “Self-service or full-service, our customers can now choose a solution that fits their needs and budget,” adds Lennarz.
Main features of A la Calc
- Revenue management – A la Calc contains a database of over 12,000 ingredients that customers can use to build their recipe portfolio. Users can have confidence in the integrity and accuracy of this data, which comes from reliable databases published by the US, UK, German and French governments. Users can also add custom ingredients and further enhance recipes with notes and images. The software also includes API functionality for menu boards.
- Information is stored in the cloud with end-to-end encryption and hourly data backups to protect user recipes and maintain ingredient confidentiality.
- Compliance – A la Calc provides the latest compliance data in the US, EU and UK so that companies can properly label nutrition and ingredient information on their products in accordance with regional compliance regulations. The software also generates a list of allergens contained in each recipe, giving users a point of reference for allergen declarations.
- Costing and optimization of production – The platform includes tools that calculate cost per serving and per batch to help with cost projection and sticking to a budget. The system generates the required quantities of raw ingredients so users can more accurately prepare batch cooking recipes.
- The optimization tool also incorporates technology allowing users to modify the recipe to meet specific nutrient levels such as sugar and salt, which can be useful when intending to make claims. on the nutrient content of the product.
“A la Calc gives food industry professionals another option for managing their product labels,” said Anna Benevente, director of product review, labeling and ingredients at Registrar Corp. “Compliance regulations change over time, and this system helps users stay on track by constantly providing up-to-date information. As users modify their recipes, they can be confident that the labels produced in the A la Calc system will reflect accurate nutritional content.
Labeling errors account for approximately 22% of all detentions in the United States In addition to Calc, Registrar Corp helps food companies avoid FDA labeling violations by reviewing their food labels for compliance. Along with a report of recommended changes, companies receive a print-ready graphics file of their revised label.
Registrar Corp FDA Compliance Services
Registrar Corp provides FDA Compliance Services for catering, medical device, drug and cosmetic establishments. The company also operates in the following areas, among others:
- FDA registration and renewal
- Preparing for the inspection
- Food safety regulations
- Online training for regulatory compliance and food safety certification
A la Calc marks the eighth acquisition of Registrar Corp.
About Registrar Corp
Registrar Corp was founded in 2003 to help businesses comply with US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations. Since opening its headquarters in Hampton, Virginia, USA, Registrar Corp has expanded to 20 offices worldwide and has served more than 32,000 businesses in over 175 countries. Employees include former US FDA officials, scientists and industry experts. Visit registrarcorp.com to learn more.