Turkey Braciole by Chef Ben Kelly
For 4 to 6 people
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes to 1 hour plus 10 minutes rest
- 2 boneless, skinless turkey breasts, butterfly-shaped and lightly mashed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons grated provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine Parmesan, provolone, parsley, basil, olive oil, garlic, pistachios and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Lay the two turkey breasts flat on your work surface, so that they overlap slightly.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese and herb mixture over the turkey breasts.
- Roll the turkey breasts into a roulade and tie them with butcher’s twine to hold them in place.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet.
- Season the turkey breasts with salt and pepper, then sear in the pan on each side until browned.
- Roast the turkey in a 375°F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.