It can be hard to think of new, creative ways to enjoy healthy dinners, let alone if you have a special dietary requirement. But this Honey Apricot Glazed Salmon will help you mix things up without the need for dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, or nuts!
Honey Apricot Glazed Salmon is quick, healthy and deliciously easy
This glazed salmon is seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper for a wonderful sweet-salty contrast that pairs well with a variety of side dishes. You can serve it simply with rice and broccoli or a wild salad. Or pair it with a single but complementary dish, like Orange rice, Mashed potatoes and parsnipsor Brown Rice Beet Salad.
This recipe was originally shared with us by my friend Linda Coss in 2007! Today we give an update to the post. Linda is the author of two classic dairy-free, egg-free, and nut-free cookbooks: What’s to eat? and What else is to eat?. This is just a sample recipe from her collections.
Special Dietary Notes: Honey-Apricot Glazed Salmon
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free/dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and paleo.
Honey-Apricot Glazed Salmon
Author: Linda Coss
Type of recipe: Entrance
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free apricot spread
- 1½ teaspoons of honey
- ½ teaspoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 pound salmon fillet, about 1 inch thick
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your grill. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- To make the apricot glaze, place the apricot spread and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 30 seconds or until liquefied. Stir in the vinegar.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on your prepared broiler pan.
- Put the garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Spread the mixture evenly over the salmon.
- Grill the salmon for 6 minutes. Spread the apricot glaze evenly over the salmon. Grill for an additional 4 minutes or until cooked through. Serve immediately.
More dairy-free salmon dishes
Pumpkin Seed Crusted Salmon with Mexican Corn and Black Beans
Dinner on plate of salmon and asparagus
Asian Spicy Salmon Skewers with Pineapple Rice Salad