(Culinary.net) Mother’s Day is a time to celebrate and treat your mom to a delicious breakfast or brunch. Whether it’s a meal in bed or a nice spread on the dining room table, make the day special with simple recipes that are sure to impress.
Try this brunch fruit pie with a tasty granola crust and colorful fruit filling to start Mother’s Day in style. It’s a sweet option to start your day on the right foot.
With a crispy crust and a smooth center, this pie is balanced, easy to prepare and a nice addition to the menu. It’s also easy to customize as the fruit topping options are nearly limitless. Choose your mom’s favorites and decorate the top however you like. Or let little ones get creative and put their own spin on an essential Mother’s Day meal.
For more brunch recipes, visit Culinary.net.
Brunch fruit tart
Recipe adapted from homeinterest.com
- 4 cups granola mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packet of gelatin
- strawberries, sliced
- kiwi fruit, sliced
To make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the granola, butter and honey. Grease 11-inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom of the tart pan with parchment paper.
- Press granola mixture into pie pan. Place the pie pan on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
To make the filling:
- Using a mixer, combine the yogurt, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and gelatin until completely whipped.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with strawberries, blueberries and kiwis.